Xiphos-XIP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is TooFasttTim

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 149 subjects

I forgot my password

asking about hideout

5 posters

Go down

asking about hideout Empty asking about hideout

Post  prasie Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 pm

do we need any hideout each at every town?

prasie
Mute

Back to top Go down

asking about hideout Empty Re: asking about hideout

Post  Ming Leung Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:02 pm

You don't have to have hideouts in each and everytown. I only have one hideout. It depends on your situation. If you want to no more about the enemy and you don't want the enemy to know anything about you, build one in each town. If you don't care if they know about you, then just build one. I have only one level 26 hideout and the only time I use it is when we are at war.
Ming Leung
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:16 pm

I second Ming's post.

The amount of hideouts you build depends on how active your spies are and how paranoid you are about enemy spies. I personally find that having more than one hideout is a waste of space (and even 1 hideout is pushing it)
Amplanohre
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Keeping one around may come in handy...I had used them to attack chifeochoitrang. I found out the size of his army, when he's online, and all fleet movements, but I didn't execute my attack correctly or as planned...so in the end I lost really badly....
Ming Leung
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Francie Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Actually, having one in every town helps to capture enemy spies. I suppose when you reach a certain level, if they want to attack you, then they take a chance. I understand what you are saying though. I have high hideouts in each town. Mahniex will tell you that Celtic fans are paranoid.
Francie
Francie
Alliance Head

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:30 am

I rarely get spied on and even more rarely do I spy on others so my hideout is just in case I decide to spy...which will probably never happen.
Amplanohre
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:43 pm

I don't spy much, I only have one hideout. I wish the game developers would allow spys to be stationed in towns like regular troops.
Ming Leung
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah, that would be a much needed modification
Amplanohre
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sargon Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm

I always need a hideout in every city as a rule. During peace time, it's not as big a deal, as many random pillagers will simply look at your ts and gs to see how profitable a target you'll be.

For actual war, however, a strong spy defense is invaluable. If a knowledgeable foe sees you as a worthy opponent in war, they will spy you extensively...finding where you stockpile resources, where your next gr upgrade will likely be, where you have your army/navy, what your usual online times are, and what miracles you might use. It doesn't matter how big or good you are, if your enemy knows where your army is, how big it is, and when you go to bed, a well coordinated attack will cripple your military.

Also, if your friends want to launch an attack from your cities, it's especially good to have a high spy defense. This way they can't keep an eye on the garrison and troop movements constantly, either launching a preemptive strike, timing sea battles to start just in time to cause reinforcements to bounce, or a combination of both...effectively turning your city into a death trap for the whole alliance.

Sargon
Mute

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 pm

There are definitely advantages and disadvantages (as there are to anything you do in a strategy game), but it all depends on how you want to play the game.
Amplanohre
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum