The newest registered user is TooFasttTim

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 149 subjects

I forgot my password

Quantity or quality?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quantity or quality?

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:52 am

Greetings.

More villagers = more tax money/more resources.
This is why we always tend to increase the population of our cities (Well of course all aspects of pillaging but I won't look at those this time).

Options are only two:

1. To increase the level of Town halls.
2. To colonize more islands and therefore gain more Town halls.

And both of these combined, naturally, as every Ikariam player does.

The question is: at what level of Town halls in our cities we should reach for more colonization for the maximum efficiency? E.g. is it worth to stick with only 2 cities that are made to be maxed out or reach a specific level of TH (low one) and tend to conquer more and more without any great upgrades?

Let's share opinions. Smile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quantity or quality?

Post  Amplanohre on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:34 pm

There are certain milestones each town should reach before you move on to a different town. For example, before colonizing your first city, your capital should be at least lvl 5 and have all appropriate buildings at a minimum of lvl 1. Of course, the trade port and warehouse should match or exceed the level of your town hall.

Amplanohre
Home Secretary
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Are those milestones noted somewhere? I mean has anyone calculated the most efficient strategy already?

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 pm

I would say...

First Colony, ASAP depending on where you started, marble or wine depending...
Second, build up both to where AT LEAST one resource gathering place is maxed and have somewhat of a defense, marble, wine, or sulphur
Third, after the other 3 towns have sufficient gathering on the mines and mills get your 3rd colony, you should have wine or marble already, so get sulphur or crystal
4th colony and beyond, all of your towns should be at least 18+ town halls and you should be able to not only defend, but also attack.
Maillig
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 am

As you can see Arthur, Maillig and I have two different strategies. While my strategy seems slower and less aggressive, it will help you squeeze as many points out of each town before making a new one. I don't know if anyone remembers Cascada, but he reached around 60k points with only 2 towns and when he had 4 towns he was at 111k and moving up.

It all comes down to the kind of player you are: I am not an aggressive person in real life so naturally that carries over to the way I play RTS games. Despite the fact that I have almost no army (compared to other players of my rank) I don't get attacked often.

Amplanohre
Home Secretary
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:48 pm

that is true. The more points you have, the less often you are pillaged. the more friendly you are, the less often you are pillaged. I have an army to raid leachers or attack players who attacked our alliance.
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Mhm, it is very personal. Glad to hear opinions. Smile Waiting for more people to share their point of view!

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:30 pm

The big thing is getting the most amount of wood/luxury good. Any amount of citizens that you are not using are worthless unless you really need money.
Maillig
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Well, but you can't deny that gold equals wood/luxury goods. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 am

Check and mate! Very good Arthur! cheers

Amplanohre
Home Secretary
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 am

ArthurTd7 wrote:Well, but you can't deny that gold equals wood/luxury goods. Wink

Still, it's all about who is selling and how much it's for.
Maillig
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:14 am

Amplanohre wrote:Check and mate! Very good Arthur! cheers

Haha, you made me smile with the chess reference. Very Happy

Maillig wrote:
ArthurTd7 wrote:Well, but you can't deny that gold equals wood/luxury goods. Wink

Still, it's all about who is selling and how much it's for.

True. New ideas came to my mind..

Let's take a non-aggressive player. What about saving up the resources for the "special one", who will overpriced purchase them? I've been seeing such players every time after couple days.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:39 am

That's a great way to make money, but you have to be very careful about that method. What many have failed to realize is that the trading post isn't protected. So if you're going to put a lot of resources up, you should gradually decrease the selling price the longer it stays on the market.

Despite my above statement about the trading post not being protected, you'll find that many will not attack you due to the fact that attacks are expensive and can be more expensive than buying the goods. The point still stands that just as there are those that will buy sulfur at 10 gold a piece in their desperation, there are those that will raid the sulfur and spend even more than if they had just bought it.

The last thing to remember is that there is a section in the trade post where people offer a price and how much they'd like to buy. This brings the sales to you. If you need to make a quick sale, check the "I offer" section to see if anyone is looking for goods to buy.

Amplanohre
Home Secretary
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Yes, thank you, I do know everything I need about TP. Very Happy
And I completely agree with you - it is kind of dangerous (if not stalking in the "I offer" section).

Anyway, could it be worth it? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:17 pm

I forgot what this topic is about and i'm too lazy to read it again. But this is my point of view. every citizen generates 3 gold per hour. a person at work makes 0. If you take the resources though, and sell it at like 6 or 7 gold a piece which is considered cheap. you could make double the profit per hour. You guys understand my point of view? So if you put everybody at work it is worth it, but not into overload because the efficiency and quality will go down hill after you go into the red.
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Ming Leung wrote:I forgot what this topic is about and i'm too lazy to read it again. But this is my point of view. every citizen generates 3 gold per hour. a person at work makes 0. If you take the resources though, and sell it at like 6 or 7 gold a piece which is considered cheap. you could make double the profit per hour. You guys understand my point of view? So if you put everybody at work it is worth it, but not into overload because the efficiency and quality will go down hill after you go into the red.

Woah, I think you just merged my 2 topics together. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm

case closed right?
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Ming Leung wrote:I forgot what this topic is about and i'm too lazy to read it again. But this is my point of view. every citizen generates 3 gold per hour. a person at work makes 0. If you take the resources though, and sell it at like 6 or 7 gold a piece which is considered cheap. you could make double the profit per hour. You guys understand my point of view? So if you put everybody at work it is worth it, but not into overload because the efficiency and quality will go down hill after you go into the red.

But the point is not everyone will buy, even at 5 a unit, sometimes nobody wants it or needs it.
Maillig
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 pm

your wrong on that. It depends on the level of your trading post. My trading post can see up to 8 islands away. Everybody wants everything. Especially Nederchaos. He offers to buy like 50k of each resource for at lease 6 gold a piece.
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Ming Leung wrote:case closed right?

Not quite. Maybe it is profitable with the correct level of mine/mill and/or production enchanter (e.g. stonemason, forester's house etc.). Can't say no without pure math.
That's why I'm making something like a calculator for that in Turbo Pascal. Although I have no idea how to share it to you guys if it's done. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Also you have to account for whether you have a surplus or you can use it yourself. I'm sure that with enough time you could have a complex formula for selling things Smile
Maillig
Social Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 am

Maillig wrote:Also you have to account for whether you have a surplus or you can use it yourself. I'm sure that with enough time you could have a complex formula for selling things Smile

Haha, that'd be great and possible but too complex for me at the moment.
Also I'm currently sick and I'll have to turn vacation mode for ~2 days that's why that formula won't come soon...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top