Xiphos-XIP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Statistics
We have 41 registered users
The newest registered user is TooFasttTim

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 149 subjects

I forgot my password

Defensive Tips

4 posters

Go down

Defensive Tips Empty Defensive Tips

Post  Francie Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:45 am

If an attack is coming, assess the situation and think about the following points:

1. Are you outnumbered or can you beat off the attack? If you will lose anyway, move your troops out to another XIP town on the island by "Deploy Troops". You can also move them to another town of your own. If you suspect the attacker's whole army is coming and they are on the same island as you, try clicking on pillaging his town. If you think you can win stay and fight.

2. Are your resources safe and below the "safe level" for your warehouse. If not, can you build something to use up resources or ship them out? Shipping can only take place if the port is free. Can you donate excess resources to the mills or to the islands miracle? In a town with excess sulphur, build some troops or warships to use it up.

3. Walls need to be broken first, then 1 spearman will mean a second round and a slinger as well can lead to a third round. This gives you time to ship out resources or spend the resources.

4. If you think you can win the battle but may need some help, send a circular message asking for help. Give the co-ordinates of the town being attacked, the town and co-ordinates of the attacker, the amount of troops or warships attacking and how strong your walls and army are. The assistance may be that somebody else attacks your attackers town which makes the withdraw.

5. If the attack is coming over the sea, build a warship if the port is not blocked. One warship will turn away any invasion fleet. An attack over land does not need ships to attack but ships are needed to take the loot. In this case, ships can get past the warships.

Francie
Francie
Francie
Alliance Head

Back to top Go down

Defensive Tips Empty Re: Defensive Tips

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you!

What about the amount of troops stationed for a decent defense? E.g. does a half full/quarter full garrison of archers/marksmen good enough?

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:32 pm

It all depends, you should have about 2% generals but it can vary on your play style (I had 10% for a while Razz) You always want your troops together or else you'll risk being spread thin. Try and have most of them in a town that produces a lot or one you're upgrading a GR or TH in.
Maillig
Maillig
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 am

Thank you! But I'm afraid I do not know much about army building that's why I cannot imagine how many troops and what kind of them could make 2% generals. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Maillig Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 am

Just make about ten at a time and see if it changes.
Maillig
Maillig
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

Heavy, light infantry or long-ranged units?

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am

There is a breakdown of units here:

http://ikariam.wikia.com/wiki/Battle
Amplanohre
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 pm

As I have learned from that WikiIkariam page, long ranged units are more important because of walls but heavy infantry is needed also in case of breach.

Anyone agrees for this kind of simple defense?

Back to top Go down

Post  Amplanohre Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 am

For a simple defense you need long range troops and infantry. For lower level players that means archers, hoplites, and swordsmen. For higher level players that means archers/carabineers, hoplites/steam giants, and swordsmen. Also, make sure you don't neglect your gyrocopters. I would recommend not building gyrocopters until the need arises; in other words, don't build them until you get attacked by balloons once. Unless of course you're going to use gyrocopters in your raids.
Amplanohre
Amplanohre
Home Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Ming Leung Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:57 pm

I would say a minimum of 10-20 gyros would do. Just in case you need them and can't wait.
Ming Leung
Ming Leung
Social Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:48 pm

That's wise! Thank you once again!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down